Monday, June 5, 2017

Charming Charleston



Outfit Details:
Blouse- Marshalls / Skirt- H&M / Shoes- Boohoo / Handbag- Forever 21 / Sunglasses- New York & Company



Oh Charleston, I have fallen head over heels for you. From the charming and beautiful homes, food, people, and southern hospitality, I cannot think of one bad thing to say about this city. Charleston, South Carolina has been on my travel wish list for quite a few years now. To finally have the chance to check that off my list is truly a blessing. I graduated college a few weeks ago and as a graduation gift from my parents, they kindly surprised me with this trip.
 We stayed at The Vendue hotel located in the heart of Charleston. The Vendue consists of two gorgeous hotels located right across from one another. It is the only hotel dedicated to all forms of art. There are a wide range of original art pieces (300 to be exact) that are displayed throughout the hotel.
After checking in at the hotel, I was quite tired and nauseous from the plane ride ( it was my first time on a plane) so I decided to take a little power nap. After waking up, I still felt a bit off. I couldn't do much exploring of the city the first two days which was unfortunate. However, on the third day I was back to my normal self! We strolled through the lovely neighborhoods and visited historic house museums (will be posted soon). 
    
The homes were so beautiful that I found it difficult to choose which one I wanted to take pictures in front of. Weeks prior to the trip, I cannot tell you how many times I checked the forecast on my phone to see what clothes I should take with me. The weather changed so many times that I just didn't bother to change my wardrobe. Luckily, I chose right. However, I was a bit worried because Charleston was expected to rain, but the locals said that it was unlikely. I wore this blue and white striped skirt (similar here, here, and here) and paired it with a lemon print blouse (similar here and here). I've been into the lemon- print lately. It just screams summer! (I love this dress). 



SaveSave

Post a Comment

© Glamorous Dove. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.