Sunday, June 25, 2017

Summertime Blues

Charleston, SC, USA


Outfit Details:
Dress: Asos (similar, similar ) / Shoes: Asos (similar, similar, similar) / Hat: Forever 21 (similar)  / Handbag: Etsy

Blue, blue, and more blue! Blue is becoming my go-to color this season, which I'm not complaining because I think it's the perfect color for the summer. I picked up this dress months prior to our trip. With its flowy and effortless look, it makes you want to wear it all season long! As my mom and I were taking an evening stroll, we stumbled upon this darling blue and white house. I like to call it the 'blue moon house' because of the carved crescent moons on the window shutters. Since I had on a blue dress, I had to take some pictures. Plus, I think the red moped scooter made the photos look twice as pretty! 

One of my favorite things about Charleston are the lovely window boxes, they are everywhere! I can spend hours upon hours just looking at all the unique homes. Viewing the doorways, gates, gardens, and porches makes you want to own a home in beautiful Charleston. I definitely got some inspiration for my future home. Earlier that day, we headed to the Hayward- Washington House. It was built in 1772 and home to Thomas Heyward, Jr., a signer of the United States Declaration of Independence. George Washington rented this house during his visit to the city in 1791. It is said that George Washington touched these exact staircase railings!  


Post a Comment

© Glamorous Dove. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.