Monday, January 2, 2017

Selena Mac Collection

 
      Twenty years have past since the tragic death of Selena Quintanilla. However, her great admiration and legacy still continues to this day. I was only one year's old when she past away, but I remember  around the age of seven or eight years old, finding a cd rummaged in my parents closet. Selena became part of my life ever since. I, along with thousands of devoted fans signed the petition for MAC cosmetics and last year our wish was granted.



   Unfortunately, I was not able to purchase any cosmetics the first day it launched in October, since it was sold out in mere minutes. However, I did not give up! I was going to get a hold of them one way or another. Luckily, the collection launched a few days later in Mexico, so I got in touch with my cousin and asked her to grab some items for me.
   A few weeks later, MAC announced that the collection was such a huge success, becoming the most successful makeup collection in MAC history that they were going to relaunch the collection in December due to high demand. A few days ago, I stopped by Macy's and was able to purchase two lipsticks and the bronzer/blush.
  The Selena collection consists of neutral to dark color tones. As Selena is known for her signature cherry lips, the shade, Como La Flor is a great depiction of that. It is a "muted cherry red"- medium to dark red with a blue undertone, perfect for a night out. Amor Prohibido is by far my favorite shade out of the three lipsticks. It is a pinky-taupe shade, perfect for an everyday look. It glides on smoothly, leaving a beautiful glaze on the lips. Dreaming of You is the darkest shade of the lipstick range. It is described as a "deep wine" shade - dark burgundy shade with a warm undertone. Lastly, the Techno Cumbia blush and bronzer compact includes a matte, subtle pink blush and a beautiful and matte, golden bronzer. 
Overall, the whole collection turned out a great success. Selena's dream was to one day have a makeup line of her own, and now, I am glad to say that her wish become a reality. Selena still continues to inspire and her legacy will never be forgotten, I am sure of that.  


Post a Comment

© Glamorous Dove. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.