Thursday, June 22, 2017

Magnolia Plantation

Charleston, SC, USA


One place I made sure to visit during our trip was Magnolia Plantation. Magnolia was chosen as one of 'America's most beautiful gardens', and I can clearly see why. There are a wide range of flowers from azalea's to camellias to daffodils.
Once we arrived, we took a 'Nature Train Tour.' We got to see the plantation's wetlands, forest, and lakes. We were lucky enough to spot some baby alligators! We also got the chance to learn a bit of history. We drove by some slave cabins from the 19th century and a Native American ceremonial mound. In addition to the nature train tour, we toured the Plantation House. The house was owned by the Drayton family and built before the Revolutionary War. There are ten rooms filled with early-American antiques, furniture, and Drayton family heirlooms. We weren't able to take pictures of the interior because it was prohibited, but one thing I can say is that it was beautiful!

Although it was a cloudy day, it was absolutely hot and humid! Humidity is not something I enjoy very much. However, I was glad I packed thin and airy clothing. I bought this dress, which I custom made weeks prior to the trip at eShaki.com. All you do is choose your favorite design, add your measurements, customize your design to your liking (you get to choose what kind of neckline, hem line, sleeves you want!). I chose the 'Floral butterfly crane georgette maxi dress' (no longer available), added inset cap sleeves, chose mid-calf length, and added a V-Neck neckline. 


Outfit Details:
Dress: eShaki / Shoes: boohoo / Hat: Forever 21



SaveSave

Post a Comment

© Glamorous Dove. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.