Friday, July 1, 2016

June Favorites


Beauty
Maybelline- The Colossal Volum' Express Mascara $4.99

     Finding a mascara that works best for my eyelashes has always been a struggle for me. My lashes are long and very straight, which means that I have to find a mascara that does not have a heavy and wet formula consistency. When I apply a mascara that has a wet formula, they instantly tend to point straight down even after curling them. The only way that I can get my eyelashes to hold its curl is if I use a mascara that has a drying formula. My mom introduced me to the Colossal Volum' Express Mascara from Maybelline, and I instantly fell in love with it! My eyelashes stay up all day and the best part about it is that it give my lashes extra length. I cannot complete my makeup look without curling and applying mascara on my eyelashes. It is a MUST for me because it makes me look more awake, and it just completes my makeup look. Truth be told, I take the longest time doing my eyelashes. They are quite difficult to handle. However, there are days when they cooperate and other days when they do not. Overall, if you have the same issue as I do, I recommend that you try this mascara. You will not be disappointed, I promise!

Hard Candy- Glamoflauge Concealer $6.00

    Growing up, one of my biggest insecurities has always been my dark circles. I was ridiculed so much because of my dark circles, that it made it hard for me to go out in public at times. I was so sure that the only thing people noticed when they saw me were my under eyes. I have tried countless concealers throughout my life, but most of them did not give me the coverage that I wanted. Thankfully, I have found one that gives me enough coverage that I feel comfortable and less insecure. I have heard so many positive things about the Hard Candy Glamoflauge Concealer. However, whenever I would try to buy it at the store, it would always be sold out. Surprisingly, a few weeks ago I finally got my hands on it, and I am really liking it. A little goes a long way, so make sure to use the smallest amount. Not only does it give me coverage, but it also brightens up my under eye area beautifully. I am in the shade Medium Light, however, it is a little lighter than my skin tone, but there isn't too much of a difference. This concealer has a very thick consistency, so I find that it blends easily with my Miracle Complexion Sponge from Real Techniques.



Wet n Wild- Megaglo Illuminating Palette $4.68

    Highlights have been a huge trend this season. There are thousands of videos online on highlight makeup tutorials, and you will be amazed by how many shimmering looks pop up. This palette is my first highlight purchase, and I am very happy with it. I gives me the most beautiful sheen and it is perfect if you want to achieve a glowy and dewy look. Summer is the perfect time to go all out with your highlight, so I like to apply it on my cheek bones, cupids bow, brow bone, and the tip of my nose.

Rommel London- Moisture Renew Lipstick (Hot Lips) $5.49

       Since the spring season, I have been on the look out for an affordable red-orange lipstick. However, I had trouble finding that perfect color. Most of the lipsticks would either be too red or too orange. Fortunately, I finally found the lipstick I have been on the hunt for! The Moisture Renew Lipsticks from Rimmel London are my absolute favorite drugstore lip products. They glide on your lips so smoothly and easily. It honestly feels like you're not wearing lipstick at all. It almost feels like you are wearing lip balm because of the moisture these great lipsticks have. I think this color (Hot Lips) is perfect for the summer season!

Marc Jacobs- Lip Créme Lipstick (Kiss Kiss Bang Bang) $30.00

      I received a sample of this mauve colored lipstick as a birthday gift from Sephora, and it is amazing! It is matte, creamy, and moisturizing. I am not a fan of matte lipsticks because of the drying effect they give to my lips. However, this lipstick is a total different story. It is not drying at all like most matte lipsticks. This lipstick looks elegant and glides on like butter. I am definitely going to purchase a full-size once my sample runs out.
 


Too Faced- The Chocolate Bar Eye Palette $49.99

   This palette has been on my wish list for so long. So, when I finally got the chance to get a hold of one, I was beyond excited. This palette has the most beautiful assortment of pigmented shades ranging from browns, neutrals, and a few colorful shades. The best part about this palette is that it is formulated with real cocoa powder, which means that the eye shadows smell like real chocolate! My favorite shades from the palette are Marzipan and Semi-Sweet. This palette is very versatile, so you can create a glamorous look for a night on the town or a soft and neutral everyday look.
   


Skin Care

 Garnier- Skin Active Micellar Cleansing Water $6.99
       Whenever I would remove my eye makeup with a regular face cleanser, I would be left with makeup remains, especially when I would wear waterproof mascara. However, ever since using this cleansing water from Garnier, washing my face has never been easier. It removes my waterproof mascara so effortlessly without tugging or pulling. Aside from removing my eye makeup, I also use it to remove my full face makeup. I apply a small amount of product on a round cotton pad and it removes everything so easily. I use this product daily and it works wonderful. Plus, the amount of product you get for the price is great!

Simple- Protecting Light Moisturizer SPF 15 $9.99
   
        I use the Simple Protecting Light Moisturizer every morning and night after washing my face, as well as under my makeup. It is very moisturizing without leaving your face greasy. My favorite thing about this moisturizer is that it has SPF. Keep in mind that even though it is a face moisturizer, it has a sunscreen smell. So, if you are not a fan of the sunscreen scent I don't think this is for you.

Fashion

Forever 21- Straw Boater Hat 

     I have been on a hunt for a boater hat for so long. A couple weeks ago I went to Forever 21 and the first thing that caught my eye as I entered the store was this hat. The best thing about it is that it was 30% off. I think a hat like this would make a perfect finish to a summer outfit. This is my go-to hat whenever I don't feel like doing my hair or when I want to add a statement piece to a simple outfit such as a t-shirt and jeans.

What couldn't you get enough of during the month of June? Let me know in the comments!
   
SaveSave

Post a Comment

© Glamorous Dove. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.