Thursday, July 7, 2016

Cucumber Lemonade

 
     There is nothing better than enjoying an ice cold glass of fresh lemonade during the summer season. I am a lemonade fanatic, especially during this time of year. I have tasted many variations of lemonades ranging from strawberry, lavender, and ice tea. A few days ago, my dad made some cucumber lemonade or as we call it in Spanish, agua de pepino for the family, and I really enjoyed it! It is very refreshing and full of flavor. I grew up drinking this popular Mexican drink, and I am sure a few of you have as well. So, today I decided to make some myself and share the recipe with you all.



Ingredient List:
  - 1 to 2 Cucumbers
  - 5 Lemons
  - 1/2 cup of sugar
  - 3 cups of Water
  - 1 Tablespoon of Chili Powder (Tajin)
  - Mint Leaves

Steps:
    1. Peel the cucumber(s) and slice them. Place the cucumber slices into a blender combined with 1 cup of water. Once blended, you can choose whether to strain the pulp or leave it in.
    2. Add the cucumber juice into a pitcher filled with 3 cups of water and stir.
    3. Add fresh squeezed lemon juice from 5 lemons into the pitcher. Then, add the sugar and mint. Stir until all ingredients are well combined.
    4. Add chili powder into the lemonade for extra flavor (optional).
    5. For the rim (optional): Dip the glass in a plate of lemon juice and then in a plate of the chili powder. Enjoy!
 





Post a Comment

© Glamorous Dove. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.