Saturday, December 17, 2016

Festive Red Lipsticks


There's nothing that screams holiday season more than red lips. I usually gear towards soft pink or nude lipsticks but something about red lipstick during the holidays just make it beautiful and perfect.  I thought I'd share with you 5 of my favorite red lipsticks that are perfect for the holiday season.




For months I have been on a hunt to find the "perfect" red lipstick- not too dark and not too orange. After looking at various lipsticks I was beginning to think that my perfect red did not exist. That was until I stumbled upon the Covergirl lipstick in hot chaleur. I was beyond excited but most of all relieved that my search was finally over. Most of my red lipstick collection fall on the blue tone color spectrum, which is the classic red. However, I wanted something that was a little more vibrant- a bit more orange.
If you didn't know, I am a HUGE fan of Taylor Swift. She would always wear the perfect red shade I was looking for. I did some research to find out what brand and shade it was and I came up with some interesting information. Back in 2012 (or 2013) she was the face of Covergirl. She mentioned that her favorite red lipstick was the Covergirl LipPerfection lipstick in Hot- 305. However, today, I think they changed the name to Hot Chaleur, but kept the same number. This is my little theory. 
A red lipstick is the perfect finish to a natural makeup look. I like to keep my makeup look as subtle as possible. The key to achieving a natural look is by applying a minimal amount of foundation, about a nickel size amount all over the face. If you are blessed with clear skin, there is no need to apply a lot of foundation. Concealer is a great alternative if you don't want to hassle with foundation. Just apply it on spots that need concealing and your good to go! 

    1.  Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick- Outlaw
2. Covergirl Lipstick- hot chaleur
3. Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick- On Fire Red
4. Maybelline Color Elixir Lipgloss- Signature Scarlet
 5. Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Cruella


    



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Post a Comment

© Glamorous Dove. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.